Saturday 7 July 2012

garnier intensive seven day challenge - update


a couple of weeks a go i took on the garnier intensive seven day challenge which involved using a sachet of their shea butter moisturiser on one area of the body (i chose my legs) every day for a week. before and after the week i used the enclosed 'skin reader' to measure the amount of dry skin on my legs. as promised, here's my (very late - oops!) update on how it went and some before and after shots of the skin reader provided. sorry if this grosses anyone out and if so look away now because here they are!

before - top; after - bottom



as you can see from the 'before' skin reader, my legs were a sorry state of affairs. i have to admit i hadn't been keeping up on the moisturising routine i had forced myself into and i'd run out of exfoliator - double whammy! i can at least say it was an incentive to carry out the challenge for the full seven days.


 i also have to admit that my 'after' skin reader wasn't actually used as directed - two hours after the final application. this was mainly down to me choosing to apply the moisturiser at night and although i carried the full challenge out, there was no way i was sitting up waiting for two hours just to do a skin 'reading'!

instead, i did it the next day after my shower and was pleasantly surprised when in fact the moisturiser appeared to have made a difference. i'm sure this could have happened with any moituriser and for anyone wondering, i'm well aware that this test isn't a scientific skin-softness phenomenon! but either way, any kind of visual evidence that my skin is less dry is encouraging.

overall, i did like using the shea butter moisturiser and it made my skin feel softer too. plus it's really cheap (around £2.99) and there are loads of varieties if you don't like the smell of shea butter. i will be purchasing a full sized bottle soon!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so lazy when it comes to moisturising, but love the feeling when I actually do it lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know me too! the key is to get into a habit and hope that you can keep it up! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a good idea! I'd have done this if i'd known about the sample testing! I go through phases of moisturising and then have weeks when I completely forget.

    Please check out and follow my blog:
    http://prettywithapunch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. isn't it annoying when you find out about freebies too late?! maybe they'll do it again soon? the results gave me a reason to get back into moisturising again! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...