Saturday 14 April 2012

rimmel wake me up foundation

before
 
after
i wasn't really sure about whether or not to purchase rimmel's new wake me up foundation. although i know of the brand well, i can't say i've ever really used their products and the past few times i've purchased foundation i've always gone back to my comfort zone - clinique's superbalanced make up in 01 petal. but after reading a lot of good reviews i decided that it should be my 'freebie' in the 3 for 2 offer boots are running at the moment.


wake me up foundation comes in a glass bottle which can be frustrating when the product starts to run out, but it does have a pump dispenser which is a lot less messy than the usual shake-it-until-some-comes-out approach i took with superbalanced make-up.


a lot of people have noted that there's a limited shade selection. this didn't bother me as i have what i call an english rose complexion so can generally find colours to suit my skin tone quite easily, but i imagine this can be frustrating for some.


i would say the coverage is medium and have show this above on a freckle on the back of my hand. i don't like anything too cakey, but i also feel i need enough coverage to even out my skin tone and cover occasional blemishes so this suits me well.


the finish is quite dewy, although not overly so. i can get a bit oily on my t-zone later in the day but i have found that the finish actually compliments my skin as opposed to making it look greasy.


i would put the 'wake me up' name down to the tiny little shimmery particles found in the foundation. they're not prominent at all for those worried about looking clownish (!) and i definitely wouldn't describe them as glitter. actually i think the addition of shimmery particles is just a clever way of using a well known method of brightening.


overall, i'm really pleased with this purchase and at £8.99 you can't really go wrong. i've made a £12.50 saving on my usual foundation and it's a really light and easy foundation to wear (with spf 15) in the summer months. plus, if you get it now in the boots 3 for 2 offer, it's practically free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...